the visible girl
I'm back to the States, not too far down the street from 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy.
A while back, I used to live, once again, "not too far down the street" from 1200 12th Ave S, and it's both interesting and anxiety-inducing to live in a differently diverse kind of neighborhood.
While I was traveling abroad, and standing out (at least, when I stood up) from time to time, I thought about how being visible isn't always so agreeable.
When I was growing up, I wished that I were the Invisible Girl, and although that's not quite the way things turned out, I did realize on this, my last touristy journey, that there's an upside to getting secret stares and furtive glances when I'm out or about. That is, when people are looking at me, it's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just practice in case I get famous :)
A while back, I used to live, once again, "not too far down the street" from 1200 12th Ave S, and it's both interesting and anxiety-inducing to live in a differently diverse kind of neighborhood.
While I was traveling abroad, and standing out (at least, when I stood up) from time to time, I thought about how being visible isn't always so agreeable.
When I was growing up, I wished that I were the Invisible Girl, and although that's not quite the way things turned out, I did realize on this, my last touristy journey, that there's an upside to getting secret stares and furtive glances when I'm out or about. That is, when people are looking at me, it's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just practice in case I get famous :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home