w:

feminist technology & algorithmic designs for social justice

Monday, June 26, 2006

omg lol -- learned helplessness sucks

omg i luv my mac. it's quite obvious that learned helplessness and not-so-subtle peer pressure to just use windows was at play.

the night i got my MacBook Pro, I actually did use my 0.2 year old Dell laptop for a doorstop. I don't have A/C in this apartment, so I need to keep my bedroom door open at night, and it doesn't stay open by itself!

and wow, i went up to Dolores park is it? this weekend... star shaped heart burst. ouch!

i'm pretty sure that some dude said to his friends, "she's hotter than she thinks she is," as i was walking down the hill. o_O

overwhelmed rather than underwhelmed by the crowd, i started thinking about designing a PTAS for being able to reason probabilistically about large crowds in a way that's not, well stupid, and that does NOT rely on the deterministic you-know-what space hierarchy that's soo obviously silly that retrograde time travelers will chuckle about it as bum around in their favorite space elevator.

While I'm at it, I might as well jot some other non-random but non-deterministic thoughts from the weekend.

Should probably learn a few more details about:
  • Q-MC^2
  • OS X in general
  • superspectral supergraph theory?
I was going to write an entry in Spanish, but frankly, I'm non-alcoholically wasted.

A friendster of a friendster ran into one of her friends, and as we went to grab some food, I got to practice my Spanish, which, funny enough, on a written level, compares favorably to a high school student in Alicante, so I've been told.

No details here, but after two hours hanging out around Valencia, I came to a slightly clearer realization of why the heck I seem to feel safer walking the streets of SF's Valencia than I seem to feel walking around here in the Valley basin of the Bay...

Okay, note to self, don't forget to fight cancer. Also, set up email forwarding for anything sent to me at my last name (dot com) ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home