on the record
For the record, on this blog, I speak for myself, and not for my not-so-anonymous university.
Also, you, reader, may freely cite, quote from, and mash-up my blog... unless you identify as a journalist to some non-trivial professional degree, and work for a large company (larger than 150 people let's say) that has its fingers in the media pie.
If you want to quote from any entry or comment in this blog that I, the blog author, write, then if you intend to use this quote while working in the capacity of a journalist for any large news site and/or publication, online or offline, including but not limited to the New York Times, CNN, the Wall Street Journal, FOX anything, Time magazine, and so on, you must obtain my explicit permission to do so.
The following news organizations are exempted from this restriction: National Public Radio.
Umm, I'll insert? other exemptions later.
This provision is intended to protect me, gentle seeming author, from being quoted out of context, or otherwise misused by the corporate media complex (and the hard-working journalists who I respect, but who may unintentionally or intentionally mislead a larger public, due to time constraints, limited knowledge of the topics mentioned herein, editorial and corporate pressure, economic incentives of sensationalism and low-brow drama, and so on.
Finally, I just signed up for Netflix and borrowed "Finding Forrester" and so, I remind you, readers, to be gentle too, and to remember that here I don't think, I write.
Thanks.
Okee dokee, back to non-empty collections of sets closed under subset. Yay!
Also, you, reader, may freely cite, quote from, and mash-up my blog... unless you identify as a journalist to some non-trivial professional degree, and work for a large company (larger than 150 people let's say) that has its fingers in the media pie.
If you want to quote from any entry or comment in this blog that I, the blog author, write, then if you intend to use this quote while working in the capacity of a journalist for any large news site and/or publication, online or offline, including but not limited to the New York Times, CNN, the Wall Street Journal, FOX anything, Time magazine, and so on, you must obtain my explicit permission to do so.
The following news organizations are exempted from this restriction: National Public Radio.
Umm, I'll insert? other exemptions later.
This provision is intended to protect me, gentle seeming author, from being quoted out of context, or otherwise misused by the corporate media complex (and the hard-working journalists who I respect, but who may unintentionally or intentionally mislead a larger public, due to time constraints, limited knowledge of the topics mentioned herein, editorial and corporate pressure, economic incentives of sensationalism and low-brow drama, and so on.
Finally, I just signed up for Netflix and borrowed "Finding Forrester" and so, I remind you, readers, to be gentle too, and to remember that here I don't think, I write.
Thanks.
Okee dokee, back to non-empty collections of sets closed under subset. Yay!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home