the Space of possibility
"Realising the Full Potential of the Web" by timbl@
The technology we are creating may influence some of these choices, but mostly it will leave them to us. It may expose the questions in a starker form than before and force us to state clearly where we stand.
We are forming cells within a global brain and we are excited that we might start to think collectively. What becomes of us still hangs crucially on how we think individually.
I spent some time today designing my own take on the read-write (/CRUD) web.
This week is the first time I've started to organize the design on paper and 'on Mac(Book)', but I've been thinking about it ever since I decided to leave the Frugal Empire and start as a zeroth year PhD student at the big S U.
I know have a lot to learn about really making something work on a GoogleAmaYahoo scale, but I have many blocks, toes, and accidental shoulders to step on, and thanks to give to those that helped to guide me along the way.
Today, for example, I got Feller's Introduction to Probability Theory and its Applications, 3rd edition (revised). Yay!
I have a feeling I'll be liking this book. It's already going much better than my first reading of Federer ^_^!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home