w:

feminist technology & algorithmic designs for social justice

Monday, April 17, 2006

on giving

I've been thinking about what I would do if I came across a million dollars some time after I move to the Bay Area.

I think I shall donate that first million in the form of ten two-year "fellowships for social justice" for graduate students in technology, psychology, education, and related fields. Of course, it would be doubly nice if one of those went to me ;)

If I happen across another million dollars after that, it would be nice to give my mom a check for 125,000 USD a month, for eight months, which is about how long she carried me.

My mom used to tell me that when I was young, I would tell her that when I got older, I would carry her around, as she did for me. I never had much of any upper-body strength, so I'm not sure that'll happen without the help of some Berkeley exoskeleton, but perhaps I could help to carry her in this other, respectful way...

They say that what you write down tends to happen, eventually, and so here I write down a dream or two to feed my spirit and guide myself that way.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home