oh i see
Oh, I see. I think I understand why I ought to understand what Knuth has to say in volume two. I guess I can buy a copy tomorrow... in my younger, foolish-er days, I was interested only in volumes one and three ^_^.
I realized the other month that a decreased median attention span is not necessarily a bad thing. Note: a cybernetic system's clock frequency is inversely proportional to the time slice granularity! Duh.
Also, OS X is kinda neat, but folders are stupid. What kind of point-set topologist in their right mind would think folders are the greatest thing since recursively sliced bread?!
Funny... I've been thinking, the last some weeks, that I spent most of my life trying to figure out what was "wrong" with myself. Same goes with my academic "career" in these so-called informatics. I spent a chunk of energy wondering why I didn't think like most other people.
I guess, though, that was so unobvious to me at the time was so obvious to the people who made sense to me...
My prof-to-be is gonna be in Canada I think this week, but I was going to tell him that one of my noticable (?) mutant abilities is the ability to read people by way of thin slicing through spacetime, with some notably prescient accuracy... at least, I think so.
My dad also told me the other week that his dad -- the one that I talked about with my friend from Guatemala last night -- told him that there are three professions worth doing. Doctor, teacher, and minister.
Iono about the last one, but I think it'd be fun to help heal the world, this crazy union of things and peeps, and to try to understand the universe and to share that hard-fought, hard-won, self-approximating way of understanding.
I realized the other month that a decreased median attention span is not necessarily a bad thing. Note: a cybernetic system's clock frequency is inversely proportional to the time slice granularity! Duh.
Also, OS X is kinda neat, but folders are stupid. What kind of point-set topologist in their right mind would think folders are the greatest thing since recursively sliced bread?!
Funny... I've been thinking, the last some weeks, that I spent most of my life trying to figure out what was "wrong" with myself. Same goes with my academic "career" in these so-called informatics. I spent a chunk of energy wondering why I didn't think like most other people.
I guess, though, that was so unobvious to me at the time was so obvious to the people who made sense to me...
My prof-to-be is gonna be in Canada I think this week, but I was going to tell him that one of my noticable (?) mutant abilities is the ability to read people by way of thin slicing through spacetime, with some notably prescient accuracy... at least, I think so.
My dad also told me the other week that his dad -- the one that I talked about with my friend from Guatemala last night -- told him that there are three professions worth doing. Doctor, teacher, and minister.
Iono about the last one, but I think it'd be fun to help heal the world, this crazy union of things and peeps, and to try to understand the universe and to share that hard-fought, hard-won, self-approximating way of understanding.
1 Comments:
At 6:30 AM,
Anonymous said…
OS X? I am a Mac addict... who also bought a PC for the convenience.
And I like the folders.
;)
My sister made a comment about my need for introspection last night. You can eventually read about it on personnelise.monblogue.com, if you are interested.
Talk soon.
e!
Post a Comment
<< Home