w:

feminist technology & algorithmic designs for social justice

Friday, August 11, 2006

post-12

It is past midnight, EST.

More quiet now, as perhaps it should be.

Have I ever told you, or your friend I guess, that it would be so great, were I some super land lordy one day, to install devices that charge tenants for their noise?

By deploying a sensor net, you could derive such things...

Anyway, the party is over and my mom is tired.

At least, I think it is over. (Edit: No, some yelling still continues, like Friday-no-Saturday morning thunderdrops.)

As a non-random aside, did you know that if you live in the City, you're much more likely to die of heart disease?

Hmm, maybe you did.

In any case, I think I may have overstayed my welcome now. I'm afraid I might hit double-digit comments (over the entire blog) soon, since I've gotten heavy into the single-digits now over the course of the springsummer.

That said, I'll be looking for a new spot from here on in, even if I'll continue to post. Maybe.

(FYI, a health warning. Do not try to consume more than one or two blog entries per unit time interval or else you may starburst something you don't really want to burst. Do what I do, and just give it a quick read-see and go on about your day. Remember, this blog writes only for itself, and does not reflect the opinion, official or unofficial, of almost everyone at S* university or any number of F* type corporations.)

The "neighbors" are still screaming. I want to, as well, I think, but I'd feel safer if...

Anyway, I'll end this post almosthere, with this thought for postnight.

More Americans, now, on a digit day like yesterday, have learned that safety on Our Shores (...) seems like some illusion lost. Thing is, the problem never really was that safety was illusory. It's that some of us once lived in a land of consensual illusions, like a deeply good movie, and for that time, it seemed like just enough.

With that, goodbye for~now, salud, close HTTP~pipe.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger L. Wu said…

    Let the record show that comment moderation has now been enabled and that anonymous comments are verboten.

    Posted comments by anyone to this space (my space, if you recall) may be subject to moderation.

    Moderation notes may or may not be explicit.

    Do not kick the donkey. Ze is not here for your amusement.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home