w:

feminist technology & algorithmic designs for social justice

Thursday, April 20, 2006

BlogHer

It seems that this year, BlogHer will be in San Jose at the end of July.

I haven't been to a previous BlogHer conference (but had read about some of the controversy and so on), but it may just well be a positive experience for me.

If anything, the end of July would be a good target date for getting at least one of the two domains I just bought up and running for limited public consumption.

In related news, I got my copy of Halpern's Sex Differences in Cognitive Abilities today. Woo!

But, I have to say, I will be a little wary of what I say to folks at BlogHer, for several reasons. Although I identify as a feminist and this blog, after all, is subtitled "feminist technology", feminists and feminist thinking can vary greatly in what and who they accept or reject, and in what and who they believe, and yet feminism as a whole still seems to have its own complex norms.

I suppose my intuition says that I'll get flak from both "sides" if this little blog ever reaches a bigger audience, which I'm not really trying for, but I vaguely accept that it might happen...

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home